CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Letter of the Week Website and Symbaloo Site

I hope everyone had a great holiday break! I am getting very anxious to get back to the school and see the kids again :)  I wanted to share some of the websites the students have been using at school.

I created a letter of the week website where the students can listen to videos, play games and practice handwriting while having fun on the computer during centers or free time. The students have really enjoyed this site so far.

On each letters individual page I have created a handwriting video. Included in the video is a funny clip or interesting video that the students enjoy and then I demonstrate in the video how to write the uppercase and lowercase letter of the week. We still have our handwriting time where the students learn to write the letters using handwriting without tears. This is extra assistance and a fun way to help the students to remember the letters :) Hopefully this will be a good resource for you as well at home. The students enjoy watching the video and also think it is entertaining to practice their handwriting while listening to my voice teaching on the video! The students have become very good at using this website independently. Since last week was a short week and busy with our class party, I have added three letters over the weekend. I added our two letters from last week "I" and "S" and also our letter for the upcoming week, letter "D". We have a review week coming up soon so it will be a good time for the students to review all of the letters we have learned so far. I have also tried to add some word games and online books to the site as well.

Here is the link to the letter of the week website:

http://mrsfriederich.wikispaces.com/Letters


I also wanted to give you another site we use often in class called symbaloo. On symbaloo are links to math games, reading sites, and other sites that the students enjoy using. The students know how to use the symbaloo page so feel free to use it at home as well if you would like!

Here is a link to our symbaloo page:

http://www.symbaloo.com/mix/mrsfriederichssymbalo

No comments:

Post a Comment